Did you know that the may birth flower is a Lily? In addition to that, they can also be used in a time of bereavement. Lilies are known to bring peace of mind to a family member or friend who has suffered a loved one. You will often see them in funeral arrangements for this reason. Lilies suggest the soul of a loved one has returned to a peaceful state of innocence.
Other Lily Facts
· The lily is the 30th anniversary flower, which is fitting because it means devotion.
· Lily is the most popular of all flower names for girls.
· They are extremely toxic to cats.
· Lilies are very fragrant and are often used in perfumes.
· Lily bulbs should be planted during the fall, as they require a cold, dormant period.
· They bloom during the summer.
Lily Symbolism & Colors
Lilies commonly grow in white, yellow, pink, red, and orange.
· White lilies symbolize purity and virtue.
· Pink (stargazer) lilies symbolize prosperity and abundance.
· Red lilies symbolize passion.
· Orange (tiger) lilies symbolize confidence, pride, and wealth.
· Yellow lilies symbolize thankfulness and desire for enjoyment.